Some time ago, I tested Jow, the new French food app that helps you select your meals for the week and even do your groceries in one click! Pretty cool, right?
And for some time now, Jow even offers to enter your own recipes, which I did! Below you’ll find my selection of 5 recipes on the Jow app.
I wrote this article as part of a partnership with Jow.fr. The content of the article reflects my honest opinion of the application.
How does it work?
First of all, the first step is to simply download the application on Apple Store or Google Play. This is a free application.
Then, before you start using the application, Jow will ask you a few questions about your diet and the number of people in your household in order to suggest suitable recipes. To put it simply, if you’re a vegetarian or don’t like Brussels sprouts, now is the time to say so.
Jow also thought to ask you what equipment you have in your kitchen (oven, microwave etc.). Finally, the application is connected to most of the major French retailers (Carrefour, Auchan Drive, Intermarché, Chronodrive, Leclerc, Monoprix, Casino Plus) to make groceries in one click.
Then the application takes care of the rest: you receive a menu proposal for the week.
Sample menu in November 2022:
- Monday: Lentil, pumpkin and hazelnut soup
- Tuesday: Coconut carrot soup
- Wednesday: Broccoli & chickpea tabbouleh
- Thursday: Mushroom & Eggs mirror cake
- Friday: Chickpea curry
If you don’t like one of the dishes, you can replace it with other recipes from the 2000 recipes offered by the application or search for a recipe based on an ingredient or a theme.
Then the great advantage of this application is that it will create your shopping cart with all the ingredients necessary to make your recipes in the quantities optimized for the number of people in your household (with the products of the store you selected at the beginning).
Your shopping cart remains 100% flexible: if the application proposes a brand of pasta but you prefer another one, you can select the alternatives available in your store in 1 click.
You can also complete your cart with all your daily products (coffee, milk, hygiene products, etc.) because shopping is not only about recipes! And then, you can have these groceries delivered to you or pick them up in store.
My recipes on the Jow application
I’ve added some of my favorite recipes for weekday cooking in under 30 minutes to the app! Take a look at my recipes and if you like them, you can save them in your favorites:
- Orecchiette with Tomato and Feta
- Creamy Veggie Tortellini Soup
- Bulgur, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Feta Salad
- Grilled Salmon and Tomato Salsa
- Smoked Salmon with Baked Potatoes
What I like about Jow
Even as a food blogger, who therefore cooks a lot on a daily basis and loves to create new recipes, I found a lot ofbenefits to Jow.
- The Jow application is very well done, clear and quick to understand. It even has a playful side, which makes it particularly fun to use.
- You no longer have to ask yourself the question “what can I make for lunch this week?”. And that takes the mental load off of planning the week’s menus.
- The “create shopping list” feature is also an incredible time saver. In addition, the application has thought of details such as salt and pepper, which are part of the list of ingredients in the recipe, but these will not be added to the shopping list automatically because you probably already have them at home.
- The grocery delivery works great in France which is a real plus. You simply don’t have to go anywhere and can even add products that have nothing to do with the recipes of the week to your cart.
- The recipes proposed by Jow are well explained and especially relatively fast, which allows everyone to cook a little despite a busy schedule.
What I missed
As I told you above, I will give you my honest opinion and here are some points that I missed in Jow.
- The recipes are very simple, which is ideal for those who are not yet very comfortable in the kitchen. However, some recipes can be a bit bland and need to be re-seasoned for my taste.
- Meals sometimes could have a side dish like a salad to make some dishes healthier. For example, when the application Jow offers a recipe for a savory quiche, I usually add a green salad to balance the meal. But again, you can totally add it on your own on your shopping cart!
Personally, I find the application very well done. The choice of recipes absolutely corresponds to the goal of the application which is to save time in the weekmeal planning, from shopping to the realization of dishes at home.
This application is ideal for anyone who needs a helping hand in the kitchen and is in need of inspiration. Personally, I use it from time to time, especially in the weeks when I have a lot of projects and little time to cook and adapt the recipes to my taste.
My tip: To save even more time, I suggest that you specify a larger number of people in your household and reduce the number of recipes. You will be able to cook the dishes in large quantities.
You will have leftovers for the next few days, as most dishes, except for some meats, can be reheated 1 or 2 days later. And, you can even freeze some of them.
For more inspiration, here are my latest recipes:
Feel free to leave me a comment, this always makes me very happy!
Find me also on the social networks to discover the backstage of this blog: