These Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Toasts are perfect for a quick meal! Accompany these slices of toast with a green salad or tomato salad and you’ll get a light meal, perfect for a lunch or dinner on weekdays.
Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Spreads Recipe
The idea came to me because I had a cheese that was getting a little old. Grilling the cheese makes it less strong in taste and prevents it from getting lost. So if you have cheeses like camembert, brie, goat cheese, sheep cheese that are starting to age, don’t throw them away, they will be perfect for this recipe.
Preparation of spinach
I used frozen spinach. You can also use fresh spinach. If you use frozen spinach, defrost it in the microwave for a few minutes at 300 watts or take it out for a few hours to defrost in the open air. For quantities, count about 125 g of frozen spinach and 250 of fresh spinach for 4 large slices of bread.
Then sauté the spinach in a frying pan with a little olive oil for about 5 minutes. Don’t overcook the spinach as it will continue to cook in the oven later. Add a chopped clove of garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
Preparation of the mushrooms
Count 200 g of mushrooms for 4 large slices of bread. Cut the mushrooms into 4.
Sauté them also in a frying pan for 5 minutes until they are lightly browned. Do not overcook them either, as they will also continue to cook in the oven. Season with salt and pepper.
Choice of cheese
As explained above, I chose a cheese that was beginning to age, it was a brick sheep’s cheese. You can use any type of cheese, prefer soft cheeses because they are excellent oven-grilled.
For the quantity, I counted about 30 g of cheese per slice of bread. Cut the cheese so as to obtain two to three thin slices per slice of bread.
Choice of bread
For this recipe, I chose a rye bread. You can use other breads such as country-style bread or wholemeal bread. Cut the bread into slices of about two centimeters.
Assembling the toasts
Start by placing a portion of spinach on each slice of bread. Then place a few mushrooms on top. Finally cover with cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
Place on a baking sheet. I advise you to cover it with parchment paper because the cheese may drip on the side during cooking. Then bake for 15 minutes in the oven at 210 °C.
Finally, I like to add a little bit of olive oil on top of it all! Serve with a salad.
If you liked this recipe, then you will certainly be interested in these other quick and healthy recipes too!
- Spinach, Feta, Pomegranate and Almond Salad
- Grilled pointed cabbage with miso sauce
- Salad with San Marzano tomatoes
Feel free to leave me a comment if you liked this recipe or if you have any questions.
Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Toasts
Clique sur les étoiles pour noter cette recette!
- 4 slices of rye bread or farmhouse bread
- 120 g Camembert Brie, sheep, goat soft cheese
- 250 g fresh spinach 125 g if frozen
- 200 g mushrooms
- 1 clove of garlic
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 210 °C.
- Cut the bread into slices of about 2 cm.
- If you are using frozen spinach, defrost it in the microwave for a few minutes at 300 Watt or take it out for a few hours to defrost in the open air.
- Sauté the spinach in a pan with a little olive oil for about 5 minutes. Do not overcook the spinach as it will continue to cook in the oven later.
- Add a chopped clove of garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside for later.
- Sauté the mushrooms in a pan for 5 minutes until lightly browned. Don’t overcook them either as they will also continue to cook in the oven. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the cheese into two to three thin slices per slice.
- Assemble the slices.
- Place a portion of spinach on each slice of bread. Then place a few mushrooms on top. Finally, cover with cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the toasts on a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Bake for 15 minutes.