Click on the hearts!
Today I show you a quick and healthy snack idea: date curry dip with crispbread with crisp bread. The date curry dip super easy to prepare and perfect for a snack in between meals, a small side dish to a salad or for brunch.
I like to serve this date dip with crispbread and I would like to take the opportunity to present you one of my favorite : Crusty with chia seeds from the French organic brand Pural.
This article contains advertising for Pural
Crispbread, a healthy snack!
As a French girl living in Germany, I don’t always have access to baguette, so I have discovered many healthier and easier to find bread alternatives.
In particular, crispbread or Knäckebrot in German, a crispy flatbread or toast rich in fiber. You can eat them as is or break them into small pieces.
One of my favorite brands for crispbread is Pural, a French brand that pioneered organic and vegetarian reform products. The Crusty range is an organic range of crispy breads, with this dip I chose the Crusty with chia seeds.
How do you serve crispbread ?
I give you some ideas how to serve crisp bread:
- As an appetizer with a dip
- Instead of croutons to a soup
- To a salad
- In a lunch box
- For breakfast
- With a cheese board
List of ingredients for the Date Curry Dip
For this recipe, you only need a few simple ingredients.
- Cream cheese: The base of this spread is fresh cheese. You can use a light cream cheese for a lighter version.
- Greek yoghurt : I use cottage cheese alongside the cream cheese to make the spread lighter.
- Dates: I use dried dates such as medjool dates.
- Curry: I use curry powder.
- Red pepper flakes: I like this dip slightly spicy, so I like to add a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Lemon: I choose fresh lemon juice. It gives this dip more freshness and balances the sweetness of the dates.
You will find the exact quantities in the recipe card.
How to prepare this date and curry spread?
The preparation is very simple. Pour all the ingredients into a bowl and blend with a hand mixer or a food processor.
Store the dip in an airtight container in the fridge. You can keep it to 5 days up to one week.
Double check the seasoning and if the dip is:
- Too salty, add more Greek yoghurt and an extra date.
- Too sweet, add more lemon and cream cheese.
- Too sour, add a date and cream cheese.
- Too spicy, add a date, lemon and cream cheese.
Don’t hesitate to leave me a comment, it always makes me very happy!
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook or TikTok to take a look behind the scenes of my blog :
Date Curry Dip with Crispbread
Click on the hearts
- 100 g cream cheese
- 100 g Greek yoghurt
- 6 dates
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 lemon juice
- Mix all ingredients together. Blend until a homogeneous dip is obtained.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.