This Spinach, Feta, Pomegranate and Almond Salad is perfect for a light meal. Plus, it’s super healthy and very quick to prepare!
The health benefits of spinach
Spinach is a vegetable that has many positive effects on health. That is why you should eat spinach more often!
First of all, it is low in calories and has a relatively high satiety index. An ideal choice if you pay attention to your figure.
Although spinach is not the most iron-rich food, despite what has been said for years, it contains an exceptionally high amount of minerals and vitamins. It is particularly rich in
- Magnesium: good for the nerve and muscle cells
- Vitamin B9: especially good for pregnant women
- Vitamin C: good for the immune system
- Vitamin K: good for bone formation
- and more like vitamin E, calcium, potassium, etc.
The good news is that these vitamins are still available in large quantities, whether you eat them raw or cooked, or whether you eat them or in can.
If you eat spinach raw, I would recommend to choose baby spinach, as in this salad. The leaves are softer and a little bit sweeter and are perfect for this purpose!
Preparation of the Spinach, Feta, Pomegranate and Almond Salad
This Spinach, Feta, Pomegranate and Almond Salad will only take you a few minutes to make. It is perfect for a light dinner or as a side dish.
For the dressing
For this salad, I chose a light yoghurt and tahini sauce.
Mix 1 teaspoon of tahini, 3 tablespoons of yoghurt, 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of honey or agarve syrup. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Personally, I like to use a blender to prepare my salad dressing. The blender gives a very homogeneous and slightly creamy consistency.
For the salad
Start by rinsing the young spinach shoots and dry them. Then cut the feta cheese into small cubes. Remove the seeds from the pomegranate and cut the almonds coarsely.
Add the mixture to a salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss the salad. Enjoy it quickly so that the spinach doesn’t get soggy.
TIP: Looking for take-out ideas for lunch at the office, for example? This salad is perfect for take-out. Make the dressing the night before and store it separately in a small bottle or glass jar with a lid. Mix the spinach, feta cheese, pomegranate and almonds in the container you want to carry and pour the sauce at the last moment.
If you liked this recipe, then you will certainly be interested in these other quick and healthy recipes too!
- Healthy Avocado and Tomato Toast
- Salad with San Marzano tomatoes
- Grilled pointed cabbage with miso sauce
Feel free to leave me a comment if you liked this recipe or if you have any questions.
Spinach, Feta, Pomegranate and Almond Salad
For the spinach salad
- 250 g baby spinach
- 100 g feta cheese
- 1 grenade
- 50 g almonds
For the sauce
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- tbsp. yoghurt
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or agarve syrup
For the sauce
- Mix the tahini, yoghurt, olive oil, lemon juice, honey or agarve syrup, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- You can use a blender to obtain a more homogeneous consistency.
For the salad
- Rinse the baby spinach and dry them. Cut the feta cheese into small cubes. Seed the pomegranate. Coarsely chop the almonds.
- Add all the ingredients to a salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss the salad.