Click on the hearts!
Fancy a healthy breakfast? But you forgot to prepare your porridge or oatmeal the day before? Or are you just too lazy to take out a pot and stuff? Don’t worry, in just two minutes you can make a delicious, Quick Porridge with Strawberries and Cherries!
What makes oatmeal so healthy?
Porridge or oatmeal is extremely healthy. For those who don’t know yet: Oatmeal simply consists of oat flakes cooked with a liquid such as milk or water, or both. Oat flakes are very healthy because they have a very high fibre content. So they are very nutritious. You can spend the whole morning without cravings. They also contain many vitamins and minerals such as B vitamins, calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc.
In the past, I didn’t like porridge or oatmeal even though they are super healthy. I found it too boring, it was just a weird mixture with no taste. If you had or have the same opinion about oatmeal, try this recipe and it will change your mind! Oatmeal really is a great basis for a healthy breakfast. You can also vary the taste slightly by adding different fruits and toppings. Today, oatmeal has become one of my favourite breakfasts!
Basic recipe for a quick porridge
The basic recipe for quick porridge is very simple: just maintain the 1:2 ratio, i.e. one serving of oatmeal for every two servings of liquid. This basic recipe can easily be made vegan by replacing the milk with vegetable milk. Almond or oat milk will work well with this recipe. It is also possible to use only two servings of milk without water. In short, there are many possible variations!
- 1 glass of oats
- 1 glass of milk (vegan or not)
- 1 glass of water
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 tbsp. agave syrup or honey
Put all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and cook at 800 Watt for 2 to 2.5 minutes. Leave to cool slightly before adding the fruit for decoration.
Preparation of Porridge with Strawberries and Cherries
In the following recipe, I first prepared my porridge according to the basic recipe. I just added a teaspoon of cinnamon to enhance the taste.
I then chopped a few strawberries and pitted a handful of cherries. I cut the rest of the banana into thin slices. And then I arranged it nicely on the porridge. To finish, I sprinkled some homemade granola on top to add a crunchy touch!
If you liked this recipe, then these other beakfast recipes will certainly interest you too!
- Chia pudding with cinnamon
- Yogurt with fruits, granola and cinnamon
- Mango, Kiwi and Passion Fruit Porridge
Feel free to leave me a comment if you liked this recipe or if you have any questions.
Quick porridge with strawberries and cherries
Clique sur les cœurs !
- 1 serving of oats
- 1 portion of milk
- 1 portion of water
- 1/2 banana mashed
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. agarve syrup
- 2 tbsp. granola
- Fruits: strawberries cherries, 1/2 banana
- I use a small glass of water for the dosage of oats, milk and water. Remember to keep the right proportions: 1 portion of oat flakes for 2 portions of liquid.
- Pour the oats, water, milk, crushed banana half, cinnamon and sugar into a microwaveable bowl.
- Place in the microwave for 2 minutes at 800 Watt.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut the strawberries and the rest of the banana into strips during this time.
- Add the fruit and granola to the porridge.