Click on the hearts!
Do you have any left over bananas that are starting to blacken? You don’t want to waste them? Try a banana bread now!
It’s actually more like banana cake than bread. Perfect as a snack or to go.
For even more flavour, add chocolate chips. Coconut oil will also make your banana bread even softer. If you don’t have any, you can replace it with another oil such as sunflower oil or rapeseed oil.
Banana bread with chocolate chips and coconut oil
Click on the hearts
- 3 bananas
- 200 g flour
- 60 g brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 50 g coconut oil
- 50 g chocolate chips
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175° C.
- Crush the bananas in a bowl. Add the sugar, vanilla sugar and eggs and beat well with a whisk until creamy.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the mixture. Add the cinnamon. Mix well.
- In another bowl, pour the flour and add the baking powder.
- Add the banana mixture and mix until a homogeneous dough is obtained. Pour in the chocolate chips
- Butter a rectangular dish and pour the preparation into the dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.