Click on the stars to vote!
Here is one of the simplest recipes for an elegant and healthy side dish: Rainbow Carrots with Thyme and Honey. The combination of carrots, honey and thyme works wonderfully.
Although many recipes propose to cook the carrots in the oven, I show you how to easily prepare your rainbow carrots in a skillet.
These rainbow carrots sautéed with thyme and honey are the perfect side dish for a festive dinner, as they are beautiful and go well with most dishes.
List of ingredients
- Rainbow carrots: I chose fresh rainbow carrots (orange, yellow and purple) to give an original touch but you can also use orange carrots.
- Thyme: I chose fresh thyme but you can use dried thyme.
- Honey: The honey will enhance the natural sweetness of the carrots. I chose a flower honey but you can choose any type of honey. You can also replace the honey with brown sugar or agave syrup.
- Garlic: I am a garlic fan and carrots go great with garlic. So I added some chopped garlic. You can also use garlic powder.
- Olive oil: I sautéed my carrots with olive oil.
- Butter: Butter is the French touch of this recipe! You add it at the end of the cooking to really just enhance the flavors of thyme and honey. For a vegan version, you can replace it with plant-based butter.
How to make the recipe?
- PREPARE: Depending on your carrots, you may decide to remove the skin or not. If you are using organic rainbow carrots, you may decide not to peel them. Cut the carrots lengthwise and into medium sized sticks.
- SAUTE: Add olive oil to a large skillet and saute the carrots. Do not touch them for 3-5 minutes, until they begin to turn a nice golden color. Add the honey and stir gently.
- SEASONING: crumble in a generous amount of fresh thyme, a little crushed fresh garlic, salt and pepper. Do not add the garlic too soon to avoid it turning black.
- FINISH: To finish, add the butter and make sure it melts on all the carrots. The butter will enhance all the flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do these carrots keep?
They can be stored up to 4-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
How do I reheat these rainbow carrots?
You can prepare these carrots in advance and reheat them at the last minute either in the microwave or in the oven for 15 minutes at 80°C.
You can also reheat them in a skillet for 5 minutes on medium heat.
More festive side dish recipes
- Parsnip Puree
- Ratatouille, traditional recipe
- Healthy and Crispy French Fries
- Lentil Salad with Tomme Cheese and Hazelnuts
Don’t hesitate to leave me a comment, it always makes me very happy!
Rainbow Carrots with Thyme and Honey
Click on the stars to rate!
- Peel carrots if necessary and trim ends. Cut the carrots lengthwise and cut them into sticks.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and carrots. Sauté them over medium-high heat. Leave the carrots untouched for 3 to 5 minutes until they start to brown.
- Add honey, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Turn the carrots to the other side to brown on both sides.
- To finish, add the butter and make sure it melts on all the carrots. The butter will enhance all the flavors.