Do you remember my recipe for Grilled Vegetarian Wrap #tortillatrend ? Here’s a new, even more viral recipe: Baked Feta Pasta! And if you’ve never tasted it before, go for it! It’s super good and it only takes 5 minutes to prepare.
What is Baked Feta Pasta?
As its name suggests it is a pasta recipe with feta.
There are two versions to cook the pasta :
- Cooking pasta with feta: There is a variation where you take a dish large enough to place the pasta first on the bottom, then the feta, cherry tomatoes, herbs and olive oil. Then add water to cover all the pasta and bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cooking pasta separately : This is the method I chose. Here the pasta is cooked separately and mixed with the baked feta afterwards.
There are also plenty of possible variations, replacing feta with mozzarella or cherry tomatoes with mushrooms or other vegetables.
If you have already tried this recipe or a variation of Baked Feta Pasta, feel free to leave a comment to tell me how it was!
Why is Baked Feta Pasta so viral?
Not much people know that this trend comes from Finland where a blogger, Jenni Häyrinen, posted this recipe under the name Uuni Feta Pasta, the #uunifetapasta was then taken up on social networks (see the original recipe of Uuni Feta Pasta in Finnish). The funny thing about this story is that this recipe was published in 2019!
The reason certainly comes from our lifestyle which has drastically changed due to the pandemic: many people work at home, children sometimes also school at home and therefore we are all looking for simple, and quick recipes to please the whole family. This recipe is ideal for that: 5 minutes of preparation, all in the oven and the meal is ready!
In any case me, lockdown or not, I thank Jenni Häyrinen because this recipe is already part of the top 5 of my ultra quick recipe for a weeknight on the sofa!
Recipe for Baked Feta Pasta, TikTok’s viral recipe
For 4 servings you need the following ingredients.
- 200 g feta
- 350 g of dry pasta
- 300 g cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence
- 1 pinch of chili flakes
- Olive oil
Find the recipe on video!
Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
In a glass dish, place the feta in the center. Wash the cherry tomatoes and add them. Add pepper, herbes de Provence and chili flakes. Squeeze the garlic clove with a garlic press. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta. At the end of cooking, take 10 cl of water from the pasta.
Drain the pasta, add it to the feta with the collected pasta water and mix well. Salt and pepper again if necessary if necessary. Serve hot.
For more inspiration, here are my latest recipes:
Feel free to leave me a comment, this always makes me very happy!
Find me also on the social networks to discover the backstage of this blog:
Baked Feta Pasta, TikTok viral recipe
Click on the hearts
- Preheat the oven to 175 ° C.
- In a glass dish, place the feta in the center. Wash the cherry tomatoes and add them. Add pepper, herbes de Provence and chili flakes. Squeeze the garlic clove with a garlic press. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta. At the end of cooking, take 10 cl of water from the pasta.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the feta with the collected pasta water and mix well. Salt and pepper again if necessary if necessary. Serve hot.